Internal & IT Audits
As a guardian of the public’s financial assets, banking is one of the most closely regulated industries. As such, a bank’s Board of Directors has a fiduciary duty to implement sound auditing practices that are appropriate to an institution’s size and the nature and scope of its operations. We can provide a fresh look at internal controls, procedures and practices in the development of objectives, and we can assist clients in developing a risk-based internal audit program.
FORVIS offers an effective subcontracted internal audit function that can independently evaluate an institution’s internal control systems. Our audit services are offered on a fully outsourced basis or as a complement to an existing internal audit function (co-sourcing).
Our professional staff understands the financial services industry and is experienced in evaluating systems of internal control, risk assessment and risk management.
Our Internal and Information Technology Audit Services include:
- Performance of an audit Risk Assessment
- Development of an annual Internal Audit Plan and implementation of the Internal Audit program
- Assessment and review of the existing Internal and/or IT Audit function
- Follow-up and analysis of previous Internal Audit reviews and reports
- Outsourcing or co-sourcing of the Internal Audit function
- Assistance with Regulatory Enforcement action
- Information technology and information security auditing and analyses, including vulnerability and penetration testing
- Internal control structure reviews
- Assistance in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley Section 302 and Section 404
- Trust Department audits and reviews
- Secondary market mortgage quality assurance reviews
- Secondary market mortgage quality control reviews
- Operational reviews of departments or areas within the bank, holding company or subsidiary