©Copyrighted. FORVIS, LLP. All rights reserved.
This publication or parts thereof may not be reproduced, shared or distributed in any form, stored in any retrieval system, or transmitted in any form by any means—electronic, mechanical, photocopy, recording, or otherwise—without prior written permission of the publisher. This electronic publication is intended for the individual purchaser’s use only and should not be shared or distributed by any means.
The Fair Lending: Detect, Monitor & Exam manual provides a comprehensive review of fair lending laws, rules, regulations and examination procedures. Today’s fair lending practices continue to be subject to heightened scrutiny by both federal and state regulators. Non-compliance with fair lending laws can lead to enforcement actions from your regulators, HUD and/or the DOJ. Additionally, violations could have a significant impact to your strategic, financial, operations, legal, compliance and reputational risk.
The manual provides an overview of the laws impacting Fair Lending, including ECOA, HMDA, FHA, FCRA, CRA and UDAP/UDAAP and the types of discrimination. The manual covers knowing your Reasonably Expected Market Area (REMA), fair lending consequences, and assessing and monitoring fair lending risk.
- What’s “Fair” about Fair Lending
- Overview/highlight of laws impacting Fair Lending, including ECOA, HMDA, Fair Housing Act, FCRA, CRA, UDAP/UDAAP, common state law prohibitions
- Types of discrimination
- Know Your Reasonably Expected Market Area (REMA)
- Fair Lending consequences
- Assessing & Monitoring Fair Lending Risk
- Fair Lending Risk Assessment
- Monitoring for Fair Lending Risk
- Impact of Exceptions for Lending Policies
- Impact of Expanded HMDA Data
- Educating the Front Line
- Fair Lending Compliance Management Program
- Fair Lending Examinations
- Side-by-side Review
- Interagency Examinations Procedures
- Key Cases and Examiner Hot Topics
- Test Your Knowledge
- Loan Files
- Policy Exceptions
- HMDA Data
This manual is an excellent resource to not only review the fair lending rules, but how to detect potential issues, monitor for exceptions, and prepare for the fair lending exam.