PBS has been a pioneer and advocate of programs specifically designed for Directors. Today’s financial institution Director is held to high and exacting standards by stockholders, regulators, employees, and customers. Continuing professional education for the Director is a practical mandate. Without it, it is impossible to stay abreast of the industry.
PBS conducts numerous programs for Director groups as well as individual Boards.
Popular topics include:
- Bank Secrecy Act
- Principles of Fair Lending
- Compliance/Regulatory Developments
- Basics of Corporate Governance
- The Basic Role of Boards of Financial Institutions
- Significant Legal and Regulatory Issues for the Board
- The Board’s Role in the Regulatory Process
- The Board’s Vital Role in Lending
- Understanding Bank Financial Statements and Asset/Liability Management
Our senior consultants have extensive board expertise; our chairman is a member of the Board of Advisors of the American Association of Bank Directors and a member of the National Association of Corporate Directors. He is frequently retained as an expert in corporate governance matters and has testified in state as well as federal proceedings concerning board practices.