Litigation support in financial and financial institution matters was one of the earliest services requested of PBS. Many financial institutions, their Directors, officers, and counsel have sought our advice and expert witness testimony in banking and other financial matters. PBS has provided litigation support services on a select basis to law firms and litigants throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
Knowledgeable and articulate experts are essential support to counsel in litigation involving financial institutions or their management. The PBS professional staff includes former federal regulators and former bankers. The staff also includes financial analysts and investment bankers. PBS has expertise in corporate governance, standards of care, safety and soundness, IT, loan and deposit operations, BSA, and consumer compliance matters.
Our knowledge of the financial and regulatory industry adds significantly to the strength of the litigation team. We now are being called to assist as testifying expert witnesses or consulting experts in failed bank litigation initiated by the FDIC as receiver against officers and directors of banks that failed during the recent recession.
Traditionally, litigation consulting services include one or more of the following:
- Review of litigation-related documents
- Advice as to discovery materials
- Research studies
- Collection and analysis of empirical data
- Investigative services
- Preparation of charts and exhibits
- Consultation with trial attorneys and senior staff as to specialized knowledge essential to particular issues
- Expert witness testimony
- Assistance in the location of other experts
- Monitoring the testimony of witnesses
- Consultation with attorneys and clients on key strategy issues
Specific references and other PBS credentials relative to litigation consulting services will be furnished in response to inquiries.
For more information, please contact Mr. Vincent Van Nevel, Managing Director, at 800-523-4778, Option 8, via e-mail or fax 502-451-6755.