Over the past four decades, bank compliance has become a major concern for senior management. Volumes of laws, rules, and regulations have been written affecting all financial institutions. Professional Bank Services was chartered in 1978 when it became apparent to our founder that many financial institution executives were challenged to manage the proliferation of consumer protection laws and regulations. To meet this need, PBS began offering bank compliance reviews and training programs; today a team of PBS professionals is devoted to bank compliance consulting. This compliance-consulting group spends the majority of its time in client institutions evaluating the compliance management systems, reviewing forms and disclosures for timing and accuracy of financial calculations, reviewing or writing compliance policies and procedures, training personnel, and assisting with various regulatory enforcement matters.
PBS has conducted thousands of bank compliance reviews and training programs throughout the United States; our success in assuring a high degree of compliance and peace of mind has brought us recommendations from banks and credit union clients, trade association executives, lawyers, accountants, and examiners.
Below is a sample of the major laws and regulations typically monitored during a bank compliance consulting engagement:
- Fair Lending/Nondiscrimination
- Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering
- Truth-In-Lending Act – Regulation Z
- Truth-In-Savings Act – Regulation DD
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act – Regulation X
- Fair Housing Act
- Flood Disaster Protection Act
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act – Regulation B
- Fair Credit Reporting Act/Fact Act – Regulation V
- Unfair Abusive or Deceptive Acts or Practices – Regulation AA
- Community Reinvestment Act
- Electronic Fund Transfer Act – Regulation E
- FIRA – Regulation O
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act – Regulation C
- Expedited Funds Availability Act – Regulation CC
- NOW Account Eligibility and Money Market Account Procedures
- Privacy of Consumer Information – Regulation P
- Consumer Protection for Bank Sales of Insurance
- Safe and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing – SAFE Act
- Homeownership Counseling
Click here for an overview of compliance consulting services.